The TENCEL™ brand continues to work closely with brand partners to produce high-quality fashion pieces made with sustainable materials to meet the ever-evolving consumer needs, enabling people to “feel good, look good and do good”.
Europe-based jeans brand, Jack & Jones is one of the brands that are on a mission to make jeanswear more sustainable by taking a new holistic approach to its production processes. We recently sat down with Mikkel Hochrein Albrektsen – Creative buying manager to learn more about what does sustainability mean to the brand and the necessary steps Jack & Jones is taking to create better fashion products and making the world better than we found it.
- What does sustainability mean to Jack & Jones?
- At Jack & Jones, we believe sustainability is not just a trend but a long term mindset and sustainability plays a big part in our product development process and throughout our supply chain.
- We are keen to explore the use of new eco-friendly materials and see how they can be incorporated into our design. We actively work with like-minded manufacturers and partners globally such as the TENCEL™ brand to deliver great jeans without any compromises.
- As a fashion brand, how would you define your role in bringing a positive impact to the environment?
- We believe all fashion brands have a responsibility to safeguard our planet – like all other industries who are using the world’s resources to create products and do businesses.
- We need to take into consideration of all aspects in the value chain and it is our responsibility to do it in the most eco-friendly way and bring as much “back to the loop” as we can.
- We as brands could exert positive influence on consumers who have a growing awareness in sustainability and are looking to make a difference through their purchase decisions.
- Can you tell us about the inspiration behind the latest collection with TENCEL™ from Jack & Jones?
- Our inspiration behind the new range of denim product aims to create authentic looks incorporated with sustainability and comfort, featuring slim fit, regular fit and tapered fit jeans.
- Designed for consumers who are intellectually curious, socially aware and effortlessly stylish in mind, we focus on designs and style that are more classic and long-lasting.
- As a long-term partner of TENCEL™, working with the TENCEL™ brand has enabled us to incorporate TENCEL™ branded lyocell fibers into our clothing items, producing products that are sustainable and comfortable.
- Exemplifying sustainability in the textile industry, TENCEL™ fibers are produced through environmentally responsible processes from sustainably sourced natural raw material wood. Products made with TENCEL™ Lyocell fibers are naturally soft to the touch, offer greater strength, and long-lasting comfort.
- What is unique about the latest denim range?
- They feature the use of carbon-zero TENCEL™ Lyocell fibers which will contribute to lower carbon emissions and energy consumption across the supply chain. This reinforces our commitment to evolve and expand our eco-friendly offerings and champion sustainability with more eco-friendly materials.
- Through working with the TENCEL™ team, they continued to push our boundaries and encouraged our team to explore new possibilities in our product offerings by sourcing more sustainable fabrics containing carbon-zero TENCEL™ Lyocell fibers.
- In what ways do you see the partnership with the TENCEL™ brand could reiterate Jack & Jones’ sustainability effort?
- Working with like-minded partners with deep expertise in fashion and sustainability such as TENCEL™ enable us to share our practices and experiences to bring to life our sustainability promises with greater impact.
- We believe by joining forces with textile partners along the supply chain, we can make bolder commitments and create a greater influence we want to see in the industry!